Well, I sure wish I would have done some searching prior to my order from DS. I ordered a Samsung Galaxy Nexus on 5/31/12. I saw EBAY put them front and center as a daily deal and figured they were good enough for Ebay. They did have quite a few negative reviews, but it seemed to be on the lower priced Items. Anyway, drank the Kool-Aid. As of this review 6/8/2012 they have given me a tracking number for UPS. Basically a label was printed on the 6th, but UPS has not actually received the package yet. Apparently, DS and the Galaxy Nexus deal have quite the sorted past. After going through reviews and talking with other buyers it seems that this is a common tactic to buy more time for them to either source product or have their skeleton crew fulfill the orders. Well enough of this game for me. I am filing complaints here, the BBB, the FTC, and anyone who will listen. I am going to call AMEX in the morning and speak with them as well. There is a bunch of chatter about this deal on several boards that I visit and not good chatter at that. I guess I will make it my mission to educate others about DS and these tactics. I must have become complacent in my online purchasing, maybe because I have never had an experience quite like this one. I pride myself on being careful and have never been screwed. I do hold both PayPal and Ebay equally responsible.

I almost submitted this and guess what, a user on another site just got an email from DS! Maybe you shouldn't have sold 583 if you didn't have the stock or the resources to give people what they paid for!

Quote from dailysteals :

Due to an unexpected demand for the Galaxy Nexus, we are having a slight delay in regards to shipping. We sincerely apologize for this.

However, your Galaxy Nexus is expected to ship very shortly. Once the order has shipped, tracking information will become available.

Update 6/8/2012:

So I received the canned email asking to resolve this from Daily Steals. I did think about contacting them and then I realized, I shouldn't have to. You had your chance to do the right thing and you didn't. I just finished my BBB complaint and I have an email into the New York AG, EBAY is next, and then AMEX to make this all go away!

Had an Experience with DailySteals?

Comments